Locally Owned Lawn Care
Sorensen Outdoor Services provides local expertise when you need it. We know the challenges of our region and have created custom lawn care plans to provide the right products at the right time to achieve the best lawn on the block.
Lawn Treatment Programs
Maintaining a healthy, weed-free lawn requires a multi-faceted approach that can be difficult to achieve. Our lawn care programs are designed around the science of your soil and turf type. We offer the following treatment programs:
|7 Step Lawn Program||10 Step Lawn Program|
|2 Pre-Emergent Weed Control Applications||X||X|
|Liquid and Granular Fertilizer||X||X|
|Post Emergent Weed Control||X||X|
|2 Sedge Control Applications||X||X|
|Starter Fertilizer for Seeding||X||X|
|Winter Annual Weed Control||X||X|
|3 Summer Fungicide Applications||X|
|Grub Control Application||X|
|Annual Soil Sample with Results||X|
|Approx. $479.50/year for 5,000 sqft||Approx. 795.00/year for 5,000 sqft|
Aeration and Overseeding
Aeration and overseeding your lawn is an essential component of cool season grass in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Throughout the year, soil can become compacted from regular lawn traffic, watering, and mowing. This will cause your lawn to lose its vigor if not regularly aerated. Core aeration pulls plugs from the soil to reduce compaction and allow for water and air to readily reach the root system of your lawn. Aeration ensures that the roots of your lawn can grow deep into the earth.
We aerate your lawn in two directions, utilize hand aerators around the edges, and utilize premium fertilizers and seed. These practices and products result in a thick green lawn.
- Allows air, water, and nutrients to reach the roots of the grass more effectively
- Improves drainage, promotes root growth, improves resiliency, improves fertilizer and water uptake, and allows nutrients to work deeper into the soil
- Reduces soil compaction and reduces the chance of puddling
- Allows roots to grow deep in the soil
- Overseeding fills in summer lawn damage or patches where weeds have been killed off throughout the course of the year
- Overseeding improves the density of your lawn, boosts your lawn’s color, and builds your lawn’s resistance to disease and drought
When is the Best Time to Perform these Services?
Reseeding season begins the first week of September and continues through the end of October. Fall is the best time to perform reseeding as it is warm during the day with cool nights for a sustained period. Germination of your new seed takes between 7-21 days.
Get Started Now
Sorensen Outdoor offers services in these central Virginia areas: Stafford, Fredericksburg, King George, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Culpeper, Louisa, and Orange.