About Sorensen Outdoor Services
Sorensen Outdoor Services is a company located in Fredericksburg, Virginia that installs and maintains fine landscapes. We are looking for extraordinary individuals looking for an opportunity to grow and advance your career. Our primary business is in the residential market. Competitive compensation, paid time off, and health benefits are provided.
A landscaping crew member is responsible for a wide variety of landscaping and maintenance activities under the supervision of a crew leader. These responsibilities may include planting, pruning, placing pavers and stones, operating hand tools as well as small and large equipment. Must be legal to work in the U.S. and have transportation to and from work.
- Installation of material according to design specifications.
- Tree and shrub planting, pruning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Installation and maintenance of annual and perennial beds and planters.
- Installation of drainage systems
- Installation of fabric, sod, decorative rock, mulch, etc.
- Operate light and heavy equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Keep work vehicles and equipment clean and organized.
- Perform daily equipment safety checks and routine maintenance as needed.
- Perform such other activities that may be temporarily or permanently assigned.
- 2+ years professional landscape and hardscape experience.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more daily.
- Proficient at operating equipment such as skid steers and tractors with various attachments.
- Ability to interact professionally with all customers, employees and those from external organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of landscape applications.
- Will wear provided work uniform
- Bilingual is helpful but not required
- Positive attitude and appearance
- Effective communication skills
- Enjoys working with crew members
- Works as a team to maintain landscapes in an efficient and quality manner
- Takes pride in work
- Detail oriented
- Maintains clean and organized workspace
* This position requires physical abilities such as strength, manual dexterity, and must be able to perform all required functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the landscape crew member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, crouch, reach, stoop, crawl or kneel. The position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Additional working conditions may include inadequate lighting, restricted movement and dirty/wet worksites. This position may be occasionally required to work on weekends. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.