About Sorensen Outdoor Services
Sorensen Outdoor Services is a company located in Fredericksburg, Virginia that installs and maintains fine landscapes, hardscapes, landscape lighting, and applies fertilizer and weed controls. Our primary business is in the residential market. Competitive compensation, paid time off, and health benefits are provided to full-time employees.
A Landscape Crew Leader is self-motivated, and responsible for a wide variety of landscaping and maintenance activities while supervising a landscape crew. These responsibilities may include tear out of landscape plantings, grading, leveling and preparing the ground and vegetation for planting, pruning, placing pavers and stones, operating hand tools as well as small and large equipment. Must be legal to work in the U.S. and have transportation to and from work.
- Installation of material according to design specifications.
- Tree and shrub planting, pruning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Installation and maintenance of annual and perennial beds and planters.
- Installation of drainage systems.
- Installation of fabric, sod, decorative rock, mulch, etc.
- Operate light and heavy equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Keep work vehicles and equipment clean and organized.
- Perform daily equipment safety checks and routine maintenance as needed.
- Perform such other activities that may be temporarily or permanently assigned.
- Positive attitude and appearance
- Effective communication skills
- Enjoys working with crew members
- Works as a team to maintain landscapes in an efficient and quality manner
- Takes pride in work
- Detail oriented
- Maintains clean and organized workspace
* This position requires physical abilities such as strength, manual dexterity, and must be able to perform all required functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the landscape crew member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, crouch, reach, stoop, crawl or kneel. The position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Additional working conditions may include inadequate lighting, restricted movement and dirty/wet worksites. This position may be occasionally required to work on weekends. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.