About Sorensen Outdoor Services
Sorensen Outdoor Services is a company located in Fredericksburg, Virginia that installs and maintains fine landscapes and hardscapes. We are looking for extraordinary individuals looking for an opportunity to grow and advance your career. Our primary business is in the residential market. Competitive compensation paid time off, and health benefits are provided.
The Landscape Foreman is responsible for the installation and management of landscape and hardscape projects. The foreman is responsible for completing landscape and hardscape installations with great precision and business-minded efficiency.
• Direct activities on the job site include but are not limited to coordinating workflow, hands-on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
• Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
• Communicating production goals with crew members and customers.
• Monitor all tools, equipment, and machinery for needed maintenance.
• Track and record all job expenses, including but not exclusively materials and hours worked.
• Always maintain a clean and safe job site.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervises and manages landscape and hardscape crew.
• Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
• Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
• Ensures that all equipment safety and maintenance procedures are followed.
• Interacts with customers to help ensure job satisfaction.
• Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work.
• Leads by example.
• Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day.
• Follows directions from supervisor.
• Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to.
• Communicates well with all crew members, supervisors, and customers.
• Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility.
• Monitors all tools equipment and machinery for needed maintenance.
• Track and record all job expenses and hours worked accurately.
• Maintain a clean and safe job site.
• Trains crew members on the best practices of installation according to company standards
• 1+ years (3+ years preferred) experience
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Commercial Driver’s License (preferred) and reputable driving record
• Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-‐excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed.
• Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications
• Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees; identification and cultural requirements.
• Highly motivated, self-‐driven individual who is detail orientated.
• Excellent attention to detail while working in a fun & fast-paced environment.
• Detailed verbal & written communications skills.
• Good time management skills; be available for long hours all year round.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-‐task.
• Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. customers, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other designers)
• Clean and professional appearance
• Punctual and dependable
We offer our employees competitive pay commensurate to experience and/or education with a benefits package.