Aeration and Overseeding your lawn is an essential component of a cool season lawn in the Mid Atlantic Region. Throughout the year, your soil can become compacted and your lawn loses its vigor. Aeration and seeding reduces compaction and repairs any thin or dead spots in your lawn.
We aerate your lawn in two directions, utilize hand aerators around the edges, and utilize premium fertilizers and seed. These practices and products result in a thick green lawn.
- Allows air, water, and nutrients to reach the roots of the grass more effectively
- Improves drainage, promotes root growth, improves resiliency, improves fertilizer and water uptake, and allows nutrients to work deeper into the soil
- Reduces soil compaction and reduces the chance of puddling
- Allows roots to grow deep in the soil
- Overseeding fills in any gaps that may be present from grass dying away or patches where weeds have been killed off
- Overseeding improves the density of your lawn, boosts your lawn’s color, and builds your lawn’s resistance to disease and drought
When is the Best Time to Perform these Services?
September through October is the best time to aerate, compost, or reseed. The temperatures are optimal for germination during this time period. Germination takes place from 7-21 days.
Get Started Now
Sorensen Outdoor offers services in these central Virginia areas: Stafford, Fredericksburg, King George, Caroline, Spotsylvania, Culpeper, Louisa, and Orange.