About Sorensen Outdoor Services
Sorensen Outdoor Services is a company located in Stafford, Virginia that installs and maintains fine landscapes with an aggressive expansion strategy. We are looking for extraordinary individuals looking for an opportunity to grow and advance your career. Our primary business is in the residential market, however we are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking team members to facilitate expansion into commercial and government markets. Competitive compensation, paid time off, and health benefits are provided.
Position handles departmental matters as they relate to administrative areas, exercising discretion and making appropriate decisions, consulting with manager as needed. This position is responsible for multiple and varied administrative functions, which include departmental billings, sales tracking, project tracking and collection activity. Position relies heavily on strong interpersonal and computer skills along with the ability to identify problems, complete cause analysis and provide solutions as they relate to administrative activities. Ensures complete accuracy in all data and processing and record keeping.
• Aid in development of office functions, policies, and procedures
• Drive the timely collection and accurate completion of all departmental documents required of employees.
• Organize and prepare billing documents. Oversee billing and make routine collection calls.
• Perform a variety of administrative functions including, correspondence, data entry and report preparation, processing paperwork, filing and computer work. Provide administrative support to owners and sales managers.
• Field customer calls to gather requirements and preferences for projects and forward to appropriate party.
• Field warranty calls, source replacement materials, identify cause of plant failure and execute warranty.
• Receive and respond to customer complaints exercising discretion and judgment to resolve customer or departmental issues, and/or work with management to achieve resolution.
• Contribute to and/or complete special projects as assigned.
• Maintain complete customer and other departmental files; collect and catalogue designs and billing information.
• Orient new employees to department.
• Work with management to assign work locations and set up work areas for new employees within the department.
• Complete customer mailings of marketing materials and general correspondence.
• Maintain complete and accurate mailing list of customer information.
• Assist with the completion of landscape estimates and contracts. Verify the accuracy of prices and all content.
• Assist with project management.
• Work with Nursery and outside vendors to source plant and other materials as needed.
• Work as assigned or needed within snow removal process team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• To aid in the development of new processes and business functions.
• To maintain accurate and current information
• To coordinate and help manage all incoming and outgoing telephone, written and other communication.
• To provide excellent customer service and offer a high degree of professional business decorum in all dealings with the Company’s customers and with all operations and sales personnel
• To coordinate and manage a variety of administrative activities with accurately, efficiently meeting all deadlines.
• To maintain current and accurate files, vendors, customers etc. for easy retrieval at any time.
• To provide accurate and timely reports to support operational and sales functions.
• Strict attention to detail and ability to work accurately
• Ability to monitor multiple items and follow-up as needed.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Results and action oriented
• Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
• Effective problem solving skills, ability to handle adversity
• Performs and demands excellent quality in work
• Service and teamwork oriented
• Customer centered and focused
• Focus on learning and self development
• Technically competent and skilled
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
• Associates or bachelors degree (Accounting or business preferred).
• Experience in landscaping management preferred
• 3 years Administrative experience.
• 3 years Supervisory or Office Management experience.
• Strong knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, desired).