About Sorensen Outdoor Services
Sorensen Outdoor Services is a company located in Stafford, Virginia that installs and maintains fine landscapes with an aggressive expansion strategy. We are looking for extraordinary individuals looking for an opportunity to grow and advance your career. Our primary business is in the residential market, however we are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking team members to facilitate expansion into commercial and government markets. Competitive compensation, paid time off, and health benefits are provided.
The landscaping crew leader is an energetic, self-motivated individual that enjoys working in the landscaping profession. The position assists in directing two or more laborers on a jobsite with minimal supervision. Applicant must have at least two years’ experience overseeing the installation of new residential and commercial landscapes, landscape renovations, retaining walls, paver and stone patios and walks. Must be customer service oriented and be able to field customer questions while on site. Must be legal to work in the U.S. and have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
• Manage a crew of two or more crew members
• Driving crew and equipment to designated work site
• Installation of hardscape and softscape material according to design specifications.
• Tree and shrub planting, pruning, monitoring and maintenance.
• Installation and maintenance of annual and perennial beds and planters.
• Installation of drainage systems and retaining walls.
• Installation of fabric, sod, decorative rock, mulch, etc.
• Operate light and heavy equipment, automotive equipment, power tools and hand tools.
• Keep work vehicles and equipment clean and organized.
• Perform daily equipment safety checks and routine maintenance as needed.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a crew leader position managing a crew of 2 or more crew members.
• Experience in driving 1 ton trucks and pulling trailers.
• Assists supervisor by introducing the crew at the beginning of the job, fielding customer questions and concerns when supervisor is not present on site, making reasonable changes to site plan.
• Must be able to complete necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, and change orders.
• Assist supervisor in creating hardscape policies and processes.
• Have constructed natural stone retaining walls and manufactured stone retaining wall systems.
• Have constructed natural flagstone and paver patios and walks.
• Understanding of drainage issues and can make corrections when needed
• Have a solid basic knowledge of horticultural practices and plant identification
• Can read to scale blueprints and landscape plans and can use a laser to establish proper grades
• Have operated sod cutters, rototillers, skid steer loaders, trenchers, verticutters, chainsaws, and other machinery
• Bi-lingual is helpful.
• Positive attitude and appearance
• Effective communication skills
• Works well without direct supervision
• Enjoys working with clients and crew members
• Works as a team to maintain landscapes in an efficient and quality manner
• Takes pride in work
• Detail oriented
• Maintains clean and organized workspace
* This position requires physical abilities such as strength, manual dexterity, and must be able to perform all required functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the Landscape Crew Leader is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, crouch, reach, stoop, crawl or kneel. The position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Additional working conditions may include inadequate lighting,